Fog of Teaching

Commentary from a High School American History teacher

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Fog is Rolling In

Welcome to Fog of Teaching. I am a high school American Studies teacher in Salt lake City Utah. Today I am away from my classroom learning about how to blog. Hooray, today at school we are doing standardized test makeups. By the time the kids actually get to my classes their little brains might be fried. I am sure everyone understands how important these tests are. Of course if you don't pass your life might end. I hate these tests. They devalue the educational process for the students.

I am a bit nervous about leaving them with a sub, especially my ESL American History class. They are learning about colonial America and I highly doubt the sub will be as willing as I am to do pantomime.

5 Comments:

Blogger carl said...

Your kids are pulling your Relo back into position after the flood.

9:22 AM  
Blogger carl said...

This might take all night.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

This is quite a nice little blog. Michael & I just wanted to wish you well as you leave on your adventure to Saudi Abia (Michael's 3 yr.old pronunciation). Peace be with you, Julie

9:48 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Thanks for letting us know you made it to Amsterdam safely. Mom and Dad found a website that lets them know the current time and weather in Saudi Arabia so they can track you better. Eddie and Buddy made a trip to the lake and are in recovery mode and doing well. We miss you and are excited to hear from you again. Love, Mom & Holly

9:45 AM  
Blogger Peach said...

nic, holly is helping me with this. i hope it works so we can stay in touch. love you mom

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home